Anxiety and its surrounding symptoms

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
I have been massively struggling with anxiety over the last few months, to the point where I have had to take time off work and try and recompose myself.

What i'm wondering is what physical symptoms people exhibit when struggling with anxiety?

During any level of anxiety the first thing I notice is I get very hot and sweaty, can't sit still and have to pace around, shaky trembling hands, difficulty controlling thoughts and feelings, urgent and uncontrollable urge to visit the bathroom - usually multiple times. I get irritable and snap at people and struggle to sleep.

I'm trying to get a handle on the physical symptoms so I can learn to relax and enjoy life again but it can be difficult to find the space and time to spend on myself.

I can't remember the last time I had a bed day and did nothing at all. Mostly due to children! :)

Nerdface

Pretty much all of the symptoms you've described are what I experience / have experienced with my anxiety..

At it's worst I had body tremors rather than trembling hands, and I constantly had thoughts of worst case scenarios and "what if?".

It's particularly difficult to live with because sometimes being left alone and doing nothing can be the worst thing. I found that if my thoughts were allowed to run wild they were much more difficult to control, being kept busy and "distracted" is more effective for me.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
I am really struggling with being left alone right now. Finding it difficult to even go in the kitchen to make lunch on my own.

What if thoughts completely taking over my mind, until it feels like it might explode.

Skathi

I get anxiety really bad when I am out with people I don't know or at group sessions.
I get sweaty, shake more than normal, bounce my legs more than normal, pinch myself, get really paranoid that people are staring.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
I get anxiety really bad when I am out with people I don't know or at group sessions.
I get sweaty, shake more than normal, bounce my legs more than normal, pinch myself, get really paranoid that people are staring.
People staring, that gets me. I have a quite noticeable facial mole which gives me massive anxiety as I always feel like people are staring.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What do you all think about CBD?
Ash
Wasn't sure where to post this. Is it possible to get the post time limit to be reduced slightly?
Lee wrote on XENOPHON's profile.
Hello buddy, how are you?
Lee wrote on Nerdface's profile.
Hello mate, thanks for joining us!

Members online

No members online now.