Everyone claiming they have OCD

Ash

May 19, 2019
This is something that just happened I guess and not many people really think about what their words might mean. A lot of people claim that they have OCD for the slightest thing if they want something in perfect order or they want their house to be clean but obsessive-compulsive disorder is obviously a lot more than that.

Is it okay for people to keep falsely claiming they have OCD, whether they're being serious or just as a joke?

Jayc2019

May 10, 2019
United Kingdom
Personally I think people should say something along the lines of ‘I think I have because’.

Lots of people probably have a condition gone un diagnosed and it does seem the older you are the harder it is to get one.

Best Regards
Jay

Nerdface

I think that it's entirely possible that most people have some form of OCD, it's just that some have it a lot worse than others..

I'm one of the guilty ones who say I have OCD even though I've never had any such diagnosis. Mine is often around security, which I found got particularly worse after my car got broken into. I'll often hit the lock button on my car key 5 or 6 times for example, just to make sure.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jayc2019

Skathi

it really bugs me, my friend claims she has ocd. because she doesn't like things out of place or in the wrong order, well most people are like that it's not ocd.
I'm don't have it, but I do keep checking the lights in my car are off, or the door is locked etc. but that's because I forget lol.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
it really bugs me, my friend claims she has ocd. because she doesn't like things out of place or in the wrong order, well most people are like that it's not ocd.
I'm don't have it, but I do keep checking the lights in my car are off, or the door is locked etc. but that's because I forget lol.
I always "lock" my car three or four times every night just to be sure. I have anxiety around it because I left it open once and it was burgled!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What do you all think about CBD?
Ash
Wasn't sure where to post this. Is it possible to get the post time limit to be reduced slightly?
Lee wrote on XENOPHON's profile.
Hello buddy, how are you?
Lee wrote on Nerdface's profile.
Hello mate, thanks for joining us!

Members online

No members online now.