My first viewed poem/writing ever seen by anyone

Welcome to our Community
We are a small online mental health support community with one simple goal, to help people realise they don't need to go through this alone. Our goal is to offer a safe and secure place for you to get help and support from peers who know what it is like to suffer in silence. We want to help bring mental illness to the forefront and help to break the "taboo".
D

Deleted member 23

The smile

People see the smile on my face and never think it’s out of place,
They think I’m happy and handle things well because I’m just not strong enough to tell.

They don’t see the hurt inside,they will probably never know what I hide,

I push it down and burry it deep,but it try’s to claw its way out when I’m alone or try to sleep,

The fact I know this bothers me to But I really don’t think there’s anything I can do

Just bury them things deep inside the hurt pain and sadness and try not to cry.

I simply can’t let these feelings go as part needs it to continue my show
because as much as the pain is so twisted and raw I think I deserve it and should probably have more .

So don’t always judge the smile on someone’s face because there insides could be in a very different place .

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
Really like your poem. I can relate to that as I'm the same. I like the way you describe the darkness within trying to get out. Looking forward to reading more.

Lee

Staff member
Administration
Volunteer
Dec 22, 2017
This is very good. I'm interested and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I am very much looking forward to reading more from you.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 23

Really like your poem. I can relate to that as I'm the same. I like the way you describe the darkness within trying to get out. Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you Agricola

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 23

This is very good. I'm interested and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I am very much looking forward to reading more from you.
Thank you lee , no I don’t mind you asking I’m in my late 30s

Kezza

Staff member
Volunteer
Premium Members
Dec 22, 2017
Kent
It’s very interesting to read other peoples views as in the end our views are very similar. I can relate to both your poems very much.

Davyc

May 11, 2018
Top notch - and you really nailed it when you said "They don’t see the hurt inside" - one of the things that I have learned about people, is that if they can't see what's wrong with you, then there is nothing wrong with you. How wrong they are - most of what is wrong with people can't be seen and unless someone has gone through what you are going through, they haven't a clue but are quick to judge.

Well done - excellent poem, you should write more on a variety of topics based on your experiences both positive and negative.

Latest posts

Newest Blogs