One positive thing to happen to you today.... go!

Welcome to our Community
We are a small online mental health support community with one simple goal, to help people realise they don't need to go through this alone. Our goal is to offer a safe and secure place for you to get help and support from peers who know what it is like to suffer in silence. We want to help bring mental illness to the forefront and help to break the "taboo".

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
I relaxed and recovered from a trip away today was really nice chilling and running through the events of the trip in my mind all day.

Davyc

May 11, 2018
I took a friend shopping - she hasn't been out for over 2 years so it was a real treat for her and it gave me a buzz just to see how much she enjoyed the outing; she's 85 years old BTW with a lot of health problems.

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
I took a friend shopping - she hasn't been out for over 2 years so it was a real treat for her and it gave me a buzz just to see how much she enjoyed the outing; she's 85 years old BTW with a lot of health problems.
That's great, the elderly often spend a long time alone im sure that that was a very kind and welcome act for her , respect

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Staff member
Administration
Volunteer
May 3, 2016
Sounds good buddy. Had a drive out with my boss today and discussed some stuff. Was a decent day.

Davyc

May 11, 2018
I'm not sure that this is a positive, my back decided to go out yesterday - I never said it could, but it did it anyways. So, this morning it took me 30 minutes to get out of bed - a mixture of attempting to find the most comfortable position to execute the maneuver and gritting my teeth; I did eventually manage to half roll out and lie on the bed at the same time at a 90 degree angel and got myself up. So, perhaps the positive thing is that I got up, got showered and dressed, had my breakfast and a wee bit of Voltarol to take the edge off. So, I can now walk about with care and sit and get up with care lol.

This happens to me about 2/3 times a year and there is no particular reason as to why, it just descends like a vulture on it's carrion - but I'm up and I reckon that has to be a positive lol.

;)

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
I'm not sure that this is a positive, my back decided to go out yesterday - I never said it could, but it did it anyways. So, this morning it took me 30 minutes to get out of bed - a mixture of attempting to find the most comfortable position to execute the maneuver and gritting my teeth; I did eventually manage to half roll out and lie on the bed at the same time at a 90 degree angel and got myself up. So, perhaps the positive thing is that I got up, got showered and dressed, had my breakfast and a wee bit of Voltarol to take the edge off. So, I can now walk about with care and sit and get up with care lol.

This happens to me about 2/3 times a year and there is no particular reason as to why, it just descends like a vulture on it's carrion - but I'm up and I reckon that has to be a positive lol.

;)
good to see you where able to get out of bed whilst in such pain, good for you .

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Staff member
Administration
Volunteer
May 3, 2016
Yet to find a positive. There is still time!

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
had my daughters birthday party today was a really good chilled evening with just a small number of people.

Agricola

Staff member
Volunteer
Dec 24, 2017
England
had a good chat with a friend called vicky and a friend called Edd, they helped talk me down during my mental break today, they are a great help and source of support and friendship through the years loyal and kind great pair of people

Davyc

May 11, 2018
Got a big thumbs up from the doc today - Heart OK, Cholesterol OK, Blood Pressure OK, but (there has to be a but) he said I had Neuralgia which can be a pain at times. Other than that, apart from Arthur (Ritis), I'm good to go. Well, that's nothing to shout about lol. So, just tinkering with my new site and things are reasonably positive.

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Staff member
Administration
Volunteer
May 3, 2016
Good to hear, @Agricola.

Hope things continue on that path for you.

Davyc

May 11, 2018
Got back together with an old client who has come back on board - was lovely to see them in New York; not the US one, the one in the North East lol.

Latest posts

Newest Blogs