Panic Attacks

Ash

May 19, 2019
What do you think is the best way to deal with someone close to you that may be experiencing a panic attack? I've heard that people should try to change the subject and slowly calm them down without trying to acknowledge the panic attack. Would that work? Have you done something like that before?

Reactions: Lee

Keffie

May 19, 2019
Thanet
With me I like to be held and once it's passed if I feel up to it and ready then talk about it as it helps to talk it through. Some people are different tho so you have to judge which is the hardest part.

Nerdface

My wife used to suffer with panic attacks on a regular basis, thankfully these seem to have subsided of late..

Trying to change the subject was pretty much the only thing that'd work, she doesn't like to be held or re-assured during an attack. The only problem for me was trying to think of things to talk about at the drop of a hat, especially if she had multiple attacks within a day or two.

• Sad

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
The only way for me was to go somewhere quiet, have a friend or family talk to me about something I am passionate about, and do breathing techniques.
Usually I tend to let mine ride out, but probably isn't the best way to deal.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What do you all think about CBD?
Ash
Wasn't sure where to post this. Is it possible to get the post time limit to be reduced slightly?
Lee wrote on XENOPHON's profile.
Hello buddy, how are you?
Lee wrote on Nerdface's profile.
Hello mate, thanks for joining us!

Members online

No members online now.