• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Talk Depression!

We are a small online mental health support community with one simple goal, to help people realise they don't need to go through this alone.

Our goal is to offer a safe and secure place for you to get help and support from peers who know what it is like to suffer in silence. We want to help bring mental illness to the forefront and help to break the "taboo".

Please register for an account if you wish to participate in our community!

PsychCentral Today I Love New Opportunities

K

Kelly Babcock

This article has been shared from PsychCentral. Copyright remains with the author at all times.

Being present at the coffee maker

Today I love new opportunities to move forward, to be present, to help out. I love that yesterday I got the opportunity to help a family say goodbye. I love that this morning I have the opportunity to help start an old enterprise off in a newer direction. I love that this afternoon I have the opportunity to start a colleague off in a new direction in an enterprise we both endeavor to work at. I love that right now I have the opportunity to test a new/old computer system that I’ve had for several years but that was rebuilt for me and wiped clean for a fresh start for my new adventure next week. I love that it weighs half what my other system weighs and is much smaller, so traveling with it will be easier. I love that it is slower because that gives me the opportunity to laugh at myself when I recognize that I’m getting frustrated with it and remember what my first few computers were like when they were loading DOS from a 5¼” floppy disk. I love that life continues to offer me little opportunities and I love that I recognize them, because without them and my ability to see them my life would be nothing more than a place holder in a complaints file.

Today I love that I keep remembering things I’ll need on this new/old computer. I love that I thought I was almost done and then I remembered word processing. Ha. And of course I can’t find my install disks for anything. Thank heaven that nothing seems to need install disks anymore. I love that when I installed my graphics manipulation software I was informed that the release I am still using is twenty years old. I love that it still works.

Today I love images of exotic birds. I love exotic images of familiar birds. I love exotic and familiar images of almost any wildlife, what a spectacular world we live in. I love that the upcoming holiday is looking like it will be half lounging (in as much as I can only lounge in an active sort of way) and half scheduled tours and hikes and informal explorations. I love that I’m hoping to fill up at least one good sized memory card with images of interesting and exciting and amazing and beautiful views.

Today I love drinking coffee while I contemplate all the opportunities, every one I can conceive of.

Continue reading...

Advertising